St. Joseph Catholic School
Dress Code & Uniform Guidelines
The SJS uniform is required on all school days, including field trips, unless otherwise authorized by the principal.
There are several important reasons for the uniform code:
- Dress represents religious and cultural values. St. Joseph School, as a Catholic school, cannot allow clothing and accessories that are counter to religious values of modesty, respect for others and for oneself.
- A school uniform provides for justice and equality for among the student body.
- Fashion or cultural trends that come and go often embrace attitudes directly opposed to religious and cultural values. Neatness, cleanliness and simplicity are keeping with SJS values.
- Practical purposes are attained: Good dress encourages good behavior and morale. Looking presentable induces self-respect.
- Social enhancement is achieved: St. Joseph School presents itself to the public as something special, as a religious school with strong values. The proper dress of our students shows a little bit of whom we are to others.
The physical appearance of the student must be neat at all times. It is the responsibility of the parents to see that their child(ren) come to school in the appropriate uniform. Parents and students must abide by the School Dress Code. Please refer to the Jalisco Uniform brochure for grade-specific guidelines and prices. To ensure the proper return of a lost uniform, please write the student’s name on the tags of all uniform items.
School uniforms may be purchased throughout the year at the Jalisco Sporting Goods store:
Jalisco Sporting Goods
14300 Ramona Blvd.
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Store hours: Mon-Fri 10:30 am to 6:30 pm, Sat 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sun 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Click here to view/print the uniform price list.